Friday, February 27, 2015

DC HERE I COMEEE!

LAST PDAYYYY! Holla at yo girl! I'm so ready to leave. MAJOR props to anybody that has to stay longer than 3 weeks, because I'm super ready to go. Hahaha. This week has been pretty good! Our elders left on Tuesday morning (ps-family look out for elder myers if you're in Mesa!) :( MISS THEM. We all got sooo so so so close, so them leaving was pretty hard for all of us! So for Tuesday we were a district of 4 haha, and then Wednesday we started VC training! Our district now has 35 SISTERS. It's RIDICULOUS. We're the biggest district in the MTC! It's nuts. I don'tlike it at all haha, everybody just shouts stuff out all the time, but oh well. I only have a couple more days so it's ALL GOOD. Everything is so good. Haha. 

Wednesday morning we got to go to Temple Square! It was so fun! Mostly just because we got to leave the MTC, but it was so pretty! We got to take a tour, so we could get the "visitors experience", so that was kinda fun. Then we sat in a room and listened to some guy talk about Visitors Centers, and I think I dozed off or something because I don't remember any of it lol. Oops. Hahaha. But it was fun! Coming back to the MTC was super hard though haha we were SO CLOSE. SO CLOSE TO FREEDOM. 

Oh, random fact, the missionary presidency did some math, and they figured out that in April/May, there will be 52% SISTERS, 48% ELDERS in the field! WHAT?!?!?! THAT'S CRAZY. That's the first time EVER that there'll be more sisters than elders! Nuts! So cool though! I'm so blessed to be part of this! They told us about how we as sisters have a "special power" or something for hastening the work, and I just think back to when the age changed, and wondering if President Monson had any idea what a huge impact that would have on everything. It's so cool, and so humbling!

I can't believe that this time next week I'll be IN DC, with my TRAINER. OH MY GOSH. I can't even handle this. Sister Griffin and I are freaking out though because we don't want to split up. We've decided that we're just going to be forever companions. We can't actually split up. NUUPE. Sorry goes back to visit a lot, so she came to lunch with us and told us all about it! I am SO PUMPED. President Cooke. lol. I love her SO MUCH. She's so funny and we're so similar and I love her. So, so excited to be in DC though! One of my VC teachers actually served there a few years ago, and  AHHHHH!!! She was talking about how DC is probably the most foreign mission you can get. She kept track of all the people she taught, and she said that in her 18 months, she taught people from over 80 COUNTRIES. WHAT. So I got a little notebook and I'm going to keep track and see! So exciting! And the Visitors Center is going to be such a blessing! It's so, so perfect for me. I guess we usually have a 4-8 hour shift at the VC 4-6 days a week, and the rest of our time is spent in our areas proselyting! Woohoo! SO much to say, no way to say all of it!

Tomorrow is fast sunday, which will be interesting in the MTC haha. Our branch was chosen to pilot a new relief society program tomorrow! So Sister Griffin and I are in charge of it! In the past, after sacrament meeting all the sisters go and watch Music and the Spoken Word, and then we all have relief society together. BUT, tomorrow we get to try something new! They want to have us start doing it all with our branches, so our branch was chosen to try it! So it's all on Sister Griffin and I! We get to report to the MTC Presidency about it on Sunday night! Fun! :)

I love you all so much! And I am so, so blessed to be a missionary right now. This is exactly where I need to be right now, and I am loving every minute of it! It has been the best 2 1/2 weeks of my life, and it'll only get better once I'm in DC! I was telling some of you in other emails, but I don't want to come home! Brother Anderson (BEST TEACHER EVER) was telling us about what it's like coming home from your mission and having to take off your name tag. He cried. Hard. And he never cries. Not even in front of his wife. But he said that it feels like you're ripping your heart out. And it's only been 2 1/2 weeks, but I already feel that way. I love being a missionary for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. I love being a representative of Christ, and it's hard for me to take my name tag off at night before bed. I'm positive that I'm going to be that sister that cries begging the President to let them stay longer, and then cries the whole flight home. I don't want to leave! This is the best work, EVER. It's amazing how much I've grown in 2 weeks. And it amazes me how much love I have, for everybody! I love missionary work! It's the best work in the world! I love the Lord! The spirit and scriptures are amazing! 

I love you all so much! 
SEE YA IN DC (not really, but hey)

Sister Wilson


 THIS IS HOW WE FEEL LEAVING THE MTC (going to temple square). Best. Moment. Ever. Super ready to leave for good hahaha.


 Barefoot in the snow! HOLLAAA. I LOVE IT SO MUCH.

 ​After a day in the MTC...

 One more of our district the day before our Elders left! *sob* MISS THEM.


 SNOW!



 
Wednesday morning at Temple Square! SO PRETTY.

No comments:

Post a Comment