Friday, February 20, 2015

PDAYYYYY

So much to say! Hopefully by the time I come home I'll have mastered the art of emailing/journalling, because there is just WAY too much to say, always. 


PDAY IS MY FAVORITE DAY. This morning we got to go do a session in the Provo Temple! It was wonderful! I've missed the temple so much! We had to be there at 7, so I was up at 5:30, soo naps are happening after we finish laundry hahaha. Last Friday we only had a half pday (5 hours), and let me just tell you how WONDERFUL it is to have a full day!! AH. Seriously, time doesn't even exist in the MTC. I don't know how to explain it, but you're going ALL THE TIME. No joke. All. The. Time. So having this day has been wonderful. We went to the temple as a district, ate waffles in the temple cafeteria (YUM), changed into sweats, emailed, ate lunch, got mail, email/laundry, then naps after this! WOOHOOOO. I love it so much. 

This week has been so great! I love it here! Sister Griffin and I get along SO well hahaha. We usually start gym time by getting ice cream from the vending machines and hiding in a closet while we eat them. Then we run a couple miles so it's okay. Hahaha. I love gym time actually! I run at least a couple miles a day so it's a huge stress reliever haha. Sitting in a class for HOURS on end isn't my favorite thing to do. And the food is so good. We get BYU ice cream twice a week, YUM. I love it. We eat lots of ice cream. (Sorry Sister Spencer, lol) It's free though! Take advantage of it while I cannn! Haha. I actually think I've lost weight though, lots of my clothes are much more roomy than I remember haha. Yay! Haha.

So, we have 3 investigators that we're teaching right now! Grant, Aaron, and Tayla! (Tayla is an actual investigator-ah!). We commit Grant to baptism, yay! Aaron is a heavy catholic, so that's tough haha. And Tayla! I LOVE HER. Bless her soul. She goes to BYU, but she's from South Africa. We've met with her 3 times, and last night she agreed to read the Book of Mormon! She's super excited about it. She's still convinced that Joseph Smith was high when the first vision went down ("You know, it's common for people on drugs to have "visions" of God" lol). Oh well, she's reading it so yay! She's so wonderful. I love her. Bless her heart. <3

Ummm what else... I sung in the MTC choir on Tuesday! We sang "Consider the Lilies", so it was goooood :) I loved it! Oh, and on Sunday night we get to watch a "movie", and we watched the "Character of Christ" by Elder Bednar! It was SO GOOD. Seriously, everybody go watch it. I loved it so much! Also, the Because of Him video? How have I not seen it before?? *tears*. I loved it. It's been so cool rereading scriptures or talks or watching a video that I've seen/read a million times before. Everything takes on a whole new meaning when you're a missionary! It's so cool! 

I can't believe I'm already halfway done here at the MTC! Time is nuts here. The first few days were SO slow, but after Sunday I haven't even had time to think! It's going SO fast! This next week we have VC training starting Tuesday!! We go to Temple Square to train Wednesday morning-afternoon, and then again Saturday afternoon-night! I'M SO PUMPED. It's going to be so great! I'm so excited to be a VC sister! And I got my flight info today too! I fly to DC March 3rd, I think our flight leaves at 9:45, but we leave the MTC at 4;30 haha. Its a 6-7 hour flight, but we don't have any layovers, so hooray! I'm so pumped! I can't believe that 2 weeks from now I'll be IN DC. AH. IM SO EXCITED. So blessed that I get to proselyte and do VC! It's the dream! Woot woot! 

Ok, gotta go finish laundry! I love you all, thank you so much for your love and support!


Emily

PS-Mom, can you tell Jim and Tiff thanks SO much for the cinnamon rolls and letter?? I loved them! My district loved them too! And a huge thanks to Carlee and Kathie for their Dear Elders, and to Cindy Stephens for her card! I love you all so much! I don't have any time to reply to them, but I really do appreciate it and love them so much! <3


 IT SNOWED. IT FREAKING SNOWED. AND THIS IS HOW I FELT.

 Snuck a pic with ELDER CHRISTENSEN from The District. He taught one of our classes! He was super amused by our missionary oogling over him. Lol (Sister Griffin and Sister Menzie)

 Our district! Left to right: Stever, Palmer, Meyers, and then Sister Menzie, Schaeffer, me, and Griffin! WOOP WOOP 



 ​We thought we were super funny in our work out clothes and name tags. Lol. #cameraselfieswin


 Our zone!
Half of them just left on Tuesday, and we lose our 3 elders this tuesday :(

 Temple walk on Sunday
 
 



 Me and Sister Griffin! I LOVE HER.​

 
When you ask an elder to take a picture for you... -__- lol

 ​LOOK AT THE MOUNTAINS


No comments:

Post a Comment