Monday, July 27, 2015

Politics

This week has FLOWN by! It's been a good one, so I'll just get right to it.

Tuesday we went and visited this super old super cute less active lady named Nicole. She's from some super teeny country in Europe somewhere and speaks French. She's SO CUTE. She gave us lemonade and we sat and listened to her stories about World War 2 and how she came to America and everything. What a cutie.

Wednesday we had a youth tour, which was pretty crazy. The leaders have different schedules than we did and they changed it up a lot, but we survived and I think a few of them felt the spirit so. We survived.

Thursday we had an appointment with Bernice, the old lady in the retirement home that fed us lunch a couple weeks ago. She lives down by Dupont Circle, and for some reason we decided to drive instead of taking the metro. Definitely the most stressful time of the mish. Then she wasn't even home so that was a bust. Don't drive in DC. Only dummies drive in DC. 

Friday we went on exchanges with President Cooke. Hes big on exchanges this transfer, and I guess we got to start it off! It was SO FUN. Oh my goodness I love that man. We had an appointment with Kimberly, and he was the PERFECT member present for her. Shes big on politics, and it's her dream to work on the Hill. So he was perfect. Sister Williams and I only said a few words the whole lesson, but we learned so much about her. She's GOLDEN. She's basically already LDS. My goodness I love her. It was wonderful. Then we went street contacting, which is always fun. There was a street concert of some sort going on, so we contacted around there because it was way good haha. Nobody wanted to learn more, but we had fun. Then we met up with Sister Cooke and the 4 of us had dinner at Panera! It was so much fun. I love them so, so much. Then he had to go and we went and met up with Nimi. It was a dang good night. Loved that. 

Saturday was so fun! We had morning shift, which is the WORST shift of the whole week.  But we had to switch so we could go to the Ward BBQ that night, which was so fun. Kimberly came and brought banana pudding, which is to DIE for. Dang good. I absolutely LOVE this ward!! There was a dunk tank, and bishop and brother Ellis both got dunked like 20 times haha. It's such a good ward!! UGH I LOVE THEM SO MUCH. It was such a good time. If I ever move back to DC, I'm moving into the Chevy Chase boundaries, because it's wonderful. 

Last night Cynthia came to the VC with us to make a family history account because she's going to the temple to do baptisms on Saturday! WOOO. Except she's from Nigeria so that's hard and sister Williams and I don't even do our own American family history so we were useless haha. Then we met with Nimi again. He's a work in progress. 

So here on the east coast, it's a jungle, sort of. Trees are everywhere, and the bugs are massive. And way more disgusting. We've ran into rather large spiders, huge centipedes, and some of the biggest butterflies I have ever seen. The butterflies aren't bad though. But this one creature takes the cake. It has some weird fancy name for it, but I can't remember, so I will just have to describe it. So close your eyes, and try to imagine it. But actually open your eyes so that you can read the description. They are about as fat as your index finger, and almost as long as it as well. Kind of like a fat centipede. They have many legs, each of them a different length, the longest reaching out about 2 inches. With huge antennae out in front of them stretching about 3 inches long. They are shiny, and the most disgusting bug that I have ever seen. And they move fast. One day I'll grab a picture. But they are EVERYWHERE. Apparently they are harmless, but that's a joke. They're the most terrifying things! And yesterday at church, we found two of them! Two! Lurking behind the paper towel dispenser in the women's bathroom. With all of their legs poking out of the side. Oh my goodness they were so gross. So we obviously went and told somebody about it, but I guess we told the wrong somebody because nobody did anything about it! We were there later that night and they were still there! Well, one of them was, and the other had scuttled off somewhere! SERIOUSLY EW. 

Anyways, that's the week. I stinking love DC. I love being a missionary. I love Jesus Christ! I love representing him and testifying of him every day. It's the most rewarding thing, and I couldn't be happier! I love you all!

Much love,
Sister Wilson
 Time to burn the building down.
 



 So we made Elder White cake and got him an Obama card because birthdays
 
 HAHA. OK. So there's this legend of this lady that rides around in her motorized wheelchair, with all her belongings piled on top. Two prosthetic legs dangling off the back. Wearing a red beret and giant sunglasses. Sounds like a chain smoker. AND GUESS WHO WE SAW THE OTHER DAY. The legend is real everybody.

 Cynthia!
 
 LOOK WHO CAME BACK AND WHY IS SHE SO CUTE (ps it's veenker)

 We went to the natural history museum, yay! Here's a couple pics!




No comments:

Post a Comment