Monday, May 25, 2015

TRANSFER 2, CHECK.

Hey! Wow, am I really starting my third transfer this week?! WOAH. Time doesn't exist out here I swear, this is nuts! After this transfer I'll be 1/4 done. I can't believe it, it seems like I just blinked and it's been 4 months (almost). I'm not a fan of this at all. Never coming home. 

So, transfer week!!  As far as transfers go, sister Kohler and I are both... *drumroll*.... LEAVING! They're whitewashing our area! Which is pretty scary! They're taking one of the elders out too so only one of the 4 of us are staying with the ward. Ah! Sister Kohler is going back full-pros, so we haven't figured out where she's going. I will either be going to White Oak with sister Griffin (not my mtc comp sis Griffin, the other one, we're like best friends so YAY), or Chevy Chase with Sister Williams (yes, as in Eden Williams :D). 50/50 and I'm super excited for either one!! It is pretty hard to leave, I'm in love with these people! 

As far as this week goes, it's been so great!! Sam gave me the idea of doing a 40 Day Fast (#shoutout), and we've seen miracles from it already! Basically, you prayerfully make a list of 10 things that "poke" at the spirit, some things that you do that keep you from being as good as you can be. Then, for the next 40 days, you (again prayerfully) don't do the things on your list. And BOOM MIRACLES! I actually don't officially start mine until Wednesday, but I've kinda started and we've had some really cool experiences from it. One of which being findings he Weaver family! This week I think the only actual investigator we've seen is Betty, everything else fell through haha. So we did a lot of finding people! And it's amazing what the Lord can do when we set goals and prayerfully seek them out. We ended up tracting, and only had about 30 minutes before we had to be in. We made a goal to give out 2 BOM's and set up return appointments for them. About 10 minutes before we had to go, we knocked into Miss Weavers house! We ended up teaching her and her 26 year old daughter (who was super interested!) about the BOM, giving them the copies, and they asked us to come back and teach the whole family (13 kids and 6 grandkids!)! It was so cool!! Sadly we won't be here to teach them but we're positive that they just need the new missionaries coming in so its ok :) Then, the next night our plans once again fell through so we were checking on people, and tracting around their houses. We met a young couple, set up an appointment with them (also for after transfers agh!)! We found our 4th new investigator (again tracting) when we were about to head in but decided to knock one more complex next to us. No success there, but knocked one more door! BOOM, met Maxeline, gave her a BOM, set up return appointment for tonight! It's been a great week! Prayers+goals+prayers=miracles!

We had a member meal this week with a super inactive lady that's coming back to church with her son! She's from the Philippines, and made us the BEST Filipino food. I ate like 18 lumpia (a little Filipino egg roll thing) Oops. Lol. Betty has fallen in love with us and has started giving us all of her super nice china from London. I love her so. much. Also, sister Edwards goes home on Wednesday! ACK. MY HEART. She is by far one of the funniest people I've ever met. And most definitely one of the strongest. She has been through SO much, but she gives everything she has to the work, and it's incredible.  

Anyways, not much else to say this week! It's been an incredible transfer and I'm so grateful for the opportunity I have to serve! I've learned SO much, and I'm excited to do better this coming transfer and forever! I love my savior, and there's nothing I love more than being able to testify of him every day! I know that He LIVES! I have never been more certain of His reality and divinity. His love for us is eternal. It is the most incredible experience watching people change everything as they come to know Him. I am so blessed to be able to serve in a Visitors Center and be near the Christus every day, to be able to watch Because He Lives daily, to be so near to the temple. I LOVE BEING A MISSIONARY. 
 
 BROTHER WARD <3 <3 #NASA

 Carrolton District

 My favorite Jamacian fambam <3

 We love our temple!

 Lunch with Michelle Wall (used to be in our ward in Phx!)

 
Went to a southern chicken place (have I ever told y'all how much I love being the only white people in a restaurant? Btw southern food is MM. That cornbread? I'd die for it.)

 Ria & Levi <3

 Got to teach a lesson in primary!

 Walking Tina's dog because her son broke his leg

 Sis Kohler & Wilson

No comments:

Post a Comment