Monday, June 22, 2015

Potatoes, broken necks, bugs

So, I'm super lazy today, so I'm just sending y'all sister Williams email for this week. She pretty much covered it all. So. Lol. Enjoy. 

LOVE YOU ALL ❤️

It was a solid week out here in the nations capital.

For starters, Cynthia passed her baptismal interview and she is getting baptized this coming Saturday! Yes! It's so exciting! I know I say this every week, but she's wonderful. And truly a blessing. She was definitely prepared when we found her. Heavenly Father placed her in our path because she was ready.

This week started out pretty great. We ate at a members home this week and they brought a friend who wasn't a member! So that was awesome. We are hoping to teach her this coming week. She's really cool, and is from Israel! We made rice crispies that night. So good.

Tuesday we had our zone/district meetings. So that was great. Sister Wilson and I gave a workshop on setting expectations. It went really well. That's about it for Tuesday. Not much else happened.

Wednesday we has dinner with the Jacksons in our ward. Super cute family. And Brother Jackson is in the bishopric, and super concerned for the ward. It's really great! I think our whole conversation was about how the ward is doing, and how we can help them and how they can help us. It was really cool. They're a fun family. I like them a lot. We had a really good lesson with Cynthia after and taught Word of Wisdom, Law of Chastity, and the Ten Commandments. It was a great lesson.

We got Costco pizza! Hurray! I miss Costco. So Thursday was a great day. I went to the podiatrist for my toe that morning, and they got my foot all figured out. So hopefully I won't be limping around much more. But my foot was hurting at the VC, and I technically wasn't supposed to be up doing things that day. It was so funny, the doctor said, "how about you take a break from the mission today. It's up to you, but I would suggest taking a break today." So that was really funny! Because we don't get breaks as missionaries. But I had to take it easy at the VC. We spent a few hours taking Mormon.org chats which was fun. Then we watched On The Way Home and the Testaments. So it was a pretty good day.

Friday we switched up at the VC and had dress like your companion day. So that was a lot of fun. Sister Wilson and I already dress alike, but it was still really fun to see everyone dressed as their comp. it was actually pretty hilarious. That night we had dinner at the Cannons which was a lot of fun. They also brought a friend who wasn't a member! It was awesome. Though he's not interested in being taught right now, we are able to expose him to more of our beliefs. Which might be what he needs! We had another lesson with Cynthia where we went over the baptismal interview questions and it went really well! She's super ready to be baptized!

Saturday was a great day. We got up early to help the ward clean the church which was a lot of fun. Afterwards we went to go check on a sort of investigator, but then they weren't home. And on the way out I noticed the something was missing on Sister Wilson's shirt. Her name tag was gone!!! Ah! Pretty much the most terrifying thing ever. And we couldn't find it anywhere! It wasn't in the building, or in our car. So we went back to the church and found it there. Which was a relief. We had VC that night and the Washington DC something choir came and performed, and during the performance it started raining like nothing I've ever seen. I loved it. Just a huge storm! And after the
performance people weren't leaving because it was raining so much. So Sister Wilson, Sister Veenker, Sister Amparo, and Sister Plazier all got umbrellas and started running people out to their cars! They were all soaked by the end. What troopers. I stayed inside because I wasn't able to run because of the foot. So Sister Wathen and I were back to being comps again for about and hour. She's a great missionary. I miss her tons. Driving home in the rain was terrifying. There was a huge semi that had driven off the road, and it was blocking about half the road as well. And there was this tree that had fallen in the road too. There were some flares in front of it, but I wasn't able to see what it was until we were really close to it! It was an adventure driving home.

Yesterday was a good day. Church was great. Cynthia came, and afterwards she had her interview. After that we had lunch with all the mid-singles in the ward. What cuties. I love our ward. We had Why I Believe that night at the VC, and Ken Niumatalolo came and spoke. He's the head coach for the U.S. Naval Academy. He's in Meet the Mormons too. So that was a big deal. There were so many people there. SO MANY AH. But it went really well.

It was a pretty great week. Today I think we are going to Ford's Theatre which is really exciting! Just to be able to be where a President Lincoln was assassinated. It'll be really cool. I LOVE DC.

Love you all,
Sister Williams

PS The subject has nothing to do with this email HAHAHA. Gotcha. K bye.

 Missionary life

 MURICA

 Over an hour of running people to their cars in DUMPING rain (this was after it stopped) (ps our parking lots are gigantic)

 Drying the umbrellas lol


No comments:

Post a Comment